I don't know why I like these things so much, but here goes...
TEN Random Things You May Not Know About Me:
1) I once one a gold medal at a national level Tae Kwon Do tournament
2) I have a mild thyroid condition
3) I am deathly allergic to seafood to the point where touching shrimp has caused me to break out in hives.
4) I'm left-handed
5) When I was very young my great-grandparents babysat me while my mother worked.
6) I have seven (biological, adoptive, step and ex-step) grandmothers.
7) I was a scarily obsessed Star Trek geek as a teenager.
8) I remember nightmares I had as a four-year-old.
9) My little toes are both so messed up from sparring that they have almost no toenails.
10) I can wiggle my ears and flare my nostrils.
NINE Places I've Visited:
1) New York City
4) Texas (Austin and Houston)
5) Canada (Montreal and Vancouver)
8) Caribbean (Barbados, St. Martin and Martinique)
9) Florida (Tampa, Fort Myers and South Beach)
EIGHT Ways to Win My Heart:
1) Flowers. I LOVE fresh flowers but never buy them for myself.
2) Know your football and baseball.
3) Make me laugh. For real. Funny is so important.
4) Cuddling. It's very stereotypical, I know, but we can cuddle WHILE watching football.
5) Like animals. Kick my cats and I kick you. Hard. Plus a man who volunteers at the local shelter and/or donates to the ASPCA is hott.
6) Distract me when I start obsessing over something I cannot change.
7) Be a little take-charge. Sometimes, those of us who have stronger personalities attract men who are a little passive, and while I understand that, it won't win my heart. I've broken up with some otherwise wonderful men because I had a bigger set than they did.
8) Be as much of a dork as I am. Watch Battlestar Galactica. Listen to embarrassing music. I don't have the time or knowledge to be cool.
SEVEN Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
1) Go to Ireland and Scotland, drinking REAL Guinness and standing on many remote cliffs overlooking the ocean.
2) Own my own place.
3) Take lessons, buy a car, and start driving again.
4) Find that special someone.
5) Become a fourth degree black belt. (That's Master level.)
6) Have a big birthday bash with all my best friends attending.
7) See David Bowie in concert.
SIX Things I'm Afraid Of:
1) Stinging insects - bees, hornets, wasps, etc. My biggest phobia by FAR. I freak the fuck out around those things.
2) Crowds - sets off my claustrophobia something fierce. (You would hate it too if you were only chest-high to everyone.)
3) Dying alone in my apartment, with no one knowing.
4) Losing friends and/or family.
5) Waking up from surgery still intubated.
6) Airplane takeoffs.
FIVE Things I Don't Like:
3) Vertical blinds.
FOUR Ways to Turn Me Off:
1) Patronize me. I can have boobs AND understand football.
2) Not watch any television/be a PBS-only snob.
3) Have horrid grammar. I try not to be all grammar police on people, but constant egregious misuse of the English language drives me insane.
4) Be an Ugly American.
THREE Things I Do Every Day:
1) Stretch my back multiple times. I REALLY need to get a separate keyboard for my laptop.
2) Daydream about being swept away by one of my current male obsessions.
3) Eat something that only a twelve year old would consider "food."
TWO Things that Make Me Happy:
1) Walking around during the perfect night, with a crisp breeze and a full moon.
2) A good laugh, be it from a funny e-mail or witty conversion with a friend.
ONE Thing On My Mind Right Now:
1) How the hell am I going to arrange my surround speakers for decent acoustics in my weirdly-shaped living room?