Tuesday, September 13, 2005


Well, yesterday was pretty Monday-ish.

It started with tripping over one of my cats' scratching posts. My little toe caught on the base and was ripped in the wrong direction. It was bad enough that I still have it taped, but I can move it (albeit painfully) and it's not turning colors, so it's just a really bad sprain.

I was having my business line installed so I spent the whole morning frantically picking up my apartment so it was at least decent for the telephone guy. The window was from 8-12, which, four hours? Shut UP, Verizon! 12:00 and still no one had showed up, so I called Verizon, which has one of those INFURIATING voice-response menus. If you're going to force me to deal with a computer, at least don't make me TALK TO IT.

Anyway, the telephone guy claimed he couldn't get in touch with me, which, it was an additional line so HOW BOUT CALLING MY EXISTING LINE, CHIEF? Even the customer service woman, was all, "I don't know what his problem was." Luckily, they got out a guy who knew what he was doing by 1:30 and in a jiffy he had the wiring done. Additionally, he split the jack so that it has two jacks, one for each line.

I headed to Best Buy before going to TKD to pick up a business phone and a keyboard, but only had a little luck. It seems that both Best Buy and Staples only carry wireless keyboards now, which - NOT. I simply wanted a USB keyboard with a USB port in it for my mouse. I will have to search online for it. I did at least get a phone. It will be awesome - mute button and speakerphone - no more holding the phone to my head during those long meetings. It also takes two lines, so with the split jack I now can answer both lines from the same phone. SWEET! I just need to buy longer phone cords so that the phone can actually sit on my new desk. (More on that in a separate entry.)

So after that, I get to TKD and have absolutely NO energy. UsedCarSalesMan and several black belts told me I did well at the test and I didn't get pulled aside for any criticism, which is a good sign. (Either that or they're giving me a break before tearing into me. *G*) It was wierd - I hadn't realized how much the test had taken out of me until I tried to work out. I survived Advanced class, although it wasn't my finest performance by far.

So that was Monday. At least now my apartment is clean for the first time since Momtook and I redid the bedroom.

No comments: